As a new organization, BHCD is still developing its “infrastructure” and palette of tools, resources and capabilities that it will bring to bear on the projects it supports.
Here’s what we’ve done
- Established legal Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws
- Incorporated as a Maine non-profit
- Filed with the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) entity
- Constructed a Board of Directors representing the Blue Hill community
- Established a Facebook site
- Established this web site
Here’s what we still need to do (can you help?)
- Develop and document BHCD’s criteria for sponsoring a project idea/team
- Enhance and expand our Facebook and website presence/tools
- Publicize our interest in hearing about community projects, consistent with our mission, seeking sponsorship
And we have some modest funding needs
BHCD’s goal is to provide its services and support with very little overhead—so the vast majority of any funds raised from grant providers and individual donors goes toward the sponsored project. But we do have some incidental costs, such as insurance, filing fees, communications services, etc. that are distinct from the projects we support.
We estimate that our annual administrative costs will be approximately $1,000 per year. If you see value in the BHCD mission and are willing to support the BHCD mission to make it easier for Blue Hill community members to pursue projects designed to improve our community, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to BHCD.
- Town votes to secure match for sidewalk grant - The Town voted on Saturday to put into place a mechanism to match sidewalk grants. BHCD is seeking donations to ...
- April 8 Town Meeting: Vote “YES” on Article #58 - We need your help to complete the Town of Blue Hill's application for a Bicycle and Pedestrian Program grant from ...
- Town Forum Report - On March 23, BHCD held its first "town forum," inviting members of the Blue Hill community to learn about BHCD ...